Imagine your family enjoying a relaxing meal, or throwing a small party for the neighbors in the comfort of your new screened porch. In every screened in porch ideas you will notice that all of them provides ample benefits to your home, including increased home value, added space, and a place for enjoying the outdoors, free from the elements, sun and insects. The advantageous aspects of a screened porch all depend on how you and your family plan on using the space. Some of the advantages of a screened in porch are mentioned below:
- Keeping Bugs Away from Your Family: A screened porch can help you enjoy the out-of-doors without being harassed by insects and bugs. Staying outside can be a pleasant experience until you start dealing with swarms of mosquitoes, flies, bees and wasps. But a screened porch allows you to relish the outdoors without having to deal with pests.
- Providing Safe Outdoor Environment for Children: a screened in porch provides a safe, enclosed space, the perfect outdoor play area, even on a rainy day, for your family to experience the outdoors.
- Increasing the Value of Your Home: Screened porches add value to your home, as well as significant curb appeal. At the time of looking at a home, homebuyers want to picture their family enjoying the space. A screened porch can be that special added touch that seals the deal.
- A Second Family Room for Quality Time:Screened-in porches are considered as a great place to build new memories with your family. What a screened-in porch do is, it lets your family spend quality time together, eating meals, playing games and having great conversation.
- Entertaining Your Guests and Throw Great Outdoor Parties: Your friends, neighbors and family members can use your new screened enclosure as a place to celebrate, enjoy each other’s company, or simply relax in the outdoors. So we can say that adding a screened-in porch is nothing but a great idea.
- Escaping for Some Quiet Time:When you and your family need a separate environment to take a nap, read a book, or simply gets some peace and quiet, a Screened porch can provide it. Because it can be closed off from the interior of your home.
- Get Creative With the Decor: A screened-in porch is easy to get creative with the design unlike the rest of your home and there are no hard and fast rules to stick to. Any theme or style you can envision can work on a porch, and the décor and furnishings are less expensive and easier to experiment with.
- Use it Year Round: Your screened-in porch can be used during all four seasons with a few small additions. In case of your deck or patio, they probably get cleared and abandoned around October and until late April. Screened-in porches protect your porch furniture and other belongings from rain and snow, so that you don’t have to bring your furniture in.